There are a number of dates during the year when specific forms or returns are due to be filed, or certain payments or remittances are due to be paid.
For more information on filing due dates for specific forms or returns, please see Important dates for individuals, Important dates for corporations, or Filing information returns electronically (T4/T5 and other types of returns).
When a due date falls on a Saturday, a Sunday, or a holiday recognized by the CRA, special rules apply that relate to the next business day.
Public holidays for 2020
The holidays apply to all provinces and territories unless otherwise noted.
- New Year - Wednesday, January 1, 2020
- Good Friday - Friday, April 10, 2020
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 18, 2020
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day – Wednesday June 24, 2020 (Quebec only)
- Canada Day - Wednesday, July 1, 2020
- Civic Holiday - Monday, August 3, 2020 (All except Quebec and Yukon)
- Labour Day - Monday, September 7, 2020
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 12, 2020
- Remembrance Day - Wednesday, November 11, 2020
- Christmas Day - Friday, December 25, 2020
- Boxing Day - Saturday, December 26, 2020
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: