There are a number of dates during the year when specific forms or returns are due to be filed, or certain payments or remittances are due to be paid.
When a due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday recognized by the CRA, your payment is considered on time if the CRA receives it on or before the next business day. Note that several provinces and territories have their own unique holidays. Therefore, due dates may be affected depending on where you reside.
For more information, go to Important dates for individuals, Important dates for corporations, or Filing information returns electronically (T4/T5 and other types of returns).
Public holidays for 2023
- New Year - Sunday, January 1, 2023 (Enquiries contact centres closed Monday, January 2, 2023)
- Good Friday - Friday, April 7, 2023
- Easter Monday - Monday, April 10, 2023
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 22, 2023
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day - Saturday, June 24, 2023 (Quebec enquiries contact centres closed Saturday, June 24, 2023 and Monday, June 26, 2023)
- Canada Day - Saturday, July 1, 2023 (Enquiries contact centres closed Saturday July 1, 2023 and Monday, July 3, 2023)
- Civic Holiday - Monday, August 7, 2023 (excluding Quebec)
- Labour Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Saturday, September 30, 2023 (Enquiries contact centres closed Saturday September 30, 2023 and Monday, October 2, 2023)
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 9, 2023
- Remembrance Day - Saturday, November 11, 2023 (Enquiries contact centres closed Saturday November 11, 2023 and Monday, November 13, 2023)
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 25, 2023
- Boxing Day - Tuesday, December 26, 2023
- Date modified: