There are a number of dates during the year when specific forms or returns are due to be filed, or certain payments or remittances are due to be paid.
When the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday recognized by the CRA, your payment is considered on time if the CRA receives it or if it is postmarked on or before the next business day. Note that several provinces and territories have their own unique holidays. Therefore, due dates may be affected depending on where you reside.
For more information, go to Important dates for individuals, Important dates for corporations, or Filing information returns electronically (T4/T5 and other types of returns).
Public holidays for 2023
- New Year - Sunday, January 1, 2023 (Contact centres closed Monday, January 2, 2023)
- Good Friday - Friday, April 7, 2023
- Easter Monday - Monday, April 10, 2023
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 22, 2023
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day - Saturday, June 24, 2023 (Quebec only)
- Canada Day - Saturday, July 1, 2023 (Contact centres closed Monday, July 3, 2023)
- Civic Holiday - Monday, August 7, 2023
- Labour Day - Monday, September 4, 2023
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Saturday, September 30, 2023 (Contact centres closed Monday, October 2, 2023)
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 9, 2023
- Remembrance Day - Saturday, November 11, 2023 (Contact cetres closed Monday, November 13, 2023)
- Christmas Day - Monday, December 25, 2023
- Boxing Day - Tuesday, December 26, 2023
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: