There are a number of dates during the year when specific forms or returns are due to be filed, or certain payments or remittances are due to be paid.
When the due date falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or public holiday recognized by the CRA, your payment is considered on time if the CRA receives it or if it is postmarked on or before the next business day. Note that several provinces and territories have their own unique holidays. Therefore, due dates may be affected depending on where you reside.
For more information, go to Important dates for individuals, Important dates for corporations, or Filing information returns electronically (T4/T5 and other types of returns).
Public holidays for 2022
- New Year - Saturday, January 1, 2022 (Contact centres closed Monday, January 3, 2022)
- Good Friday - Friday, April 15, 2022
- Easter Monday - Monday, April 18, 2022
- Victoria Day - Monday, May 23, 2022
- Saint-Jean-Baptiste Day - Friday, June 24, 2022 (Quebec only)
- Canada Day - Friday, July 1, 2022
- Civic Holiday - Monday, August 1, 2022
- Labour Day - Monday, September 5, 2022
- National Day for Truth and Reconciliation - Friday, September 30, 2022
- Thanksgiving Day - Monday, October 10, 2022
- Remembrance Day - Friday, November 11, 2022
- Christmas Day - Sunday, December 25, 2022 (Contact centres closed Monday, December 26, 2022)
- Boxing Day - Monday, December 26, 2022 (Contact centres closed Tuesday, December 27, 2022)
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: