Set up, amend or close a disability savings specimen plan

A trust company must receive approval from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) before offering registered disability savings plans (RDSP) to their clients. The trust company is responsible for administering those RDSPs. They may transfer some administrative duties to another financial institution. To do so, the trust company must send the CRA a letter that authorizes the financial institution to administer RDSPs on their behalf.

The trust company may wish to change the content of the RDSPs that they offer. The CRA needs to approve these changes before the trust company can offer the modified RDSPs to their clients.

Get information on how to:

  • Set up a disability savings specimen plan
  • Amend a disability savings specimen plan
  • Close a disability savings specimen plan
Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: