Language selection



On this page

When to apply

The Canadian Dental Care Plan (CDCP) is opening in phases. Make sure you meet all 4 of the eligibility requirements before applying. Check the schedule below to find out when you can apply.

Application schedule
Group When you can apply
Aged 65 or older Now
Adults with a valid Disability Tax Credit certificate Now (started June 27, 2024)
Children under the age of 18 Now (started June 27, 2024)
All remaining eligible residents (not in one of the above groups) Starting in 2025

Apply online

What you need

To complete the application, you’ll need to provide the following information for each applicant and your spouse or common-law partner (if you have one):

You need the information above to apply for the CDCP.

Submit one application for everyone who qualifies to prevent delays.


If you can't apply online

We encourage you to apply online. If you can’t apply online, you may apply by phone: 1-833-537-4342.

If someone is helping you apply

You can ask someone you trust or a delegate to help you apply for the CDCP.

Applying with the help someone you trust

You can ask a trusted person to help you apply by phone. This could be a:

  • friend
  • relative
  • caregiver
  • translator, or
  • interpreter

You must be able to give clear consent that you agree to let them help you.

Applying through a delegate

A delegate is someone who has the legal authority to represent you and make decisions on your behalf.

They can represent you if they’re listed as your delegate on documents such as:

  • power of attorney
  • mandate
  • trusteeship

Before you apply, your delegate must prove that they have the legal authority to represent you. The documents listed above are considered proof. Mail original documents or certified copies to us, or bring them in person to any Service Canada office (see mailing addresses by region).

Once we’ve processed the documents, we’ll contact your delegate to confirm that we’ve accepted and added the documents to your file. Your delegate can then apply to the CDCP on your behalf.

How to submit your proof of delegate documents

By mail

If you or your delegate are sending us the documents by mail, please include a cover letter with:

  • your full name
  • your Social Insurance Number (SIN)
  • a statement that the documents are being submitted for the CDCP
  • your delegate’s phone number and
  • a return address, so we can return your documents for us to send the original documents or certified copies back to once we’ve processed them
Mailing addresses by region
Province or region Mailing address

Atlantic Canada

Service Canada
Canadian Dental Care Plan
PO Box 250 Station A
Fredericton, NB E3B 4Z6


Service Canada
Canadian Dental Care Plan
PO Box 60
Boucherville, QC J4B 5E6


Service Canada
Canadian Dental Care Plan
PO Box 5100 Station D
Scarborough, ON M1R 5C8

Western Canada and Territories

Service Canada
Canadian Dental Care Plan
PO Box 2710 Station Main
Edmonton, AB T5J 2G4

In person

If you or your delegate brings the documents to a Service Canada office in person, please provide:

  • your full name, and
  • your Social Insurance Number (SIN)

Find a Service Canada office near you

Check the status of your application

To access information about your application, you will need to provide:

  • your Application Code or your Client Number (the number you received on the confirmation page of the online application, or the number in the right-hand corner of the CDCP letter you received from Service Canada), and
  • if you are using the automated phone service, you will need your Social Insurance Number (SIN), or other personal information that we have on file to verify your identity

By phone

Call 1-833-537-4342, select option number 2


Check the status of your application

Page details

Date modified: