Canada Student Grants and Loans – Loan agreement

From: Employment and Social Development Canada

Loan agreement

The Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA) outlines the terms of accepting and repaying your student loans. It replaces past federal and provincial loan agreements. You only have to sign this agreement once as it covers present and future student loans.

You will only have to re-sign a new MSFAA if you apply for financial assistance after:

  • taking a 2-year break from school, or
  • permanently moving to another province/territory

Your MSFAA will not show grant or loan amounts. You will receive a Notice of Assessment from your province or territory that tells you how much student aid you will receive.

Review the terms and conditions of your MSFAA on the National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) website.

Some borrowers need to check with their province or territory as they have their own student aid programs.

Contact us

For questions about student aid, contact your province or territory. If you already have a grant or a loan, you can:

Page details

Date modified: