Manage your student loan at the NSLSC
The National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC) is where you manage your student loan.
On this page
- What you can do in your NSLSC account
- Keep your loan interest free while you study
- Medical and Parental Leave
- Apply for a new loan
- Continue studying without a new loan
- Reservist status in the Canadian Forces
- Let your parent or another person manage your student loan
- Paying back your student loan
- Student loan forms
- Contact us
What you can do in your NSLSC account
- Confirm your enrolment
- Change your address
- Update your banking information
- Make a one-time payment
- Set up Pre-Authorized Debit
- See your payments
- Check your loan balance
- View and customize your repayment options
- Apply for repayment assistance
- Get your tax slips
Keep your loan interest free while you study
Let the NSLSC know you are still studying. This will make sure your loan repayment is delayed until you finish, and remain interest free.
Medical and Parental Leave
If you need to take leave from your studies for medical or parental reasons, you might be eligible to apply for Medical and Parental Leave.
Apply for a new loan
When you apply for a loan, the NSLSC will be notified as part of the process.
Continue studying without a new loan
Reservist status in the Canadian Forces
If you are a reservist in the Canadian Forces on a designated operation you can delay repayment and interest on your student loan.
Complete the Confirmation of Posting Assignment for Full-Time Students form and submit it with your loan application to maintain your interest-free status. Make sure you attach a copy of your notification of posting instructions that you received from the Department of National Defence.
If you need help with this, contact your provincial or territorial student aid office.
Let your parent or another person manage your student loan
You can give another person power of attorney to take care of your student loan dealings with us.
- Power of Attorney form (PDF, 69 KB)
Fill out the form and send it to:
National Student Loans Service Centre (NSLSC)
P.O. Box 4030
Mississauga, ON L5A 4M4
Paying back your student loan
Go to the Repay your student loan page to find out when and how to:
- start repaying,
- make a one-time payment,
- change your payment options, or
- if you need help repaying your student loan.
Student loan forms
Find out what forms are available and how they can help you to manage your student loan.
If you have questions about student grants and loans, contact the NSLSC.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: