Canada Student Loans - Medical and parental leave: Overview

From: Employment and Social Development Canada


This leave is for people who have a Canada Student Loan and need to take a break from their studies. The break can be for the following:

Interest will not be added to your loan during your leave. You do not have to make payments.

The leave applies to federal student loans, and provincial student loans from:

For borrowers from anywhere else in Canada, contact your province or territory for more information.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: