Import permits and restrictions
Import controls, permits and licences, compliance requirements, sanctions and prohibited goods.
- Automated import reference system
- Step-by-step guide to importing commercial goods into Canada
- Guide to importing food products commercially
- Customs tariff
- Export and import controls systems
- Firearm or weapon import and export
- Endangered or threatened species of animals and plants
- Import/export toolkit for small and medium-sized enterprises
Services and information
Canadian sanctions against specific countries, individuals and entities associated with terrorist activities.
Goods subject to the Special Import Measures Act, including definitions and exclusions.
Importing regulated and prohibited baby products, energy-using products and other consumer goods.
Prohibited cultural property imports, penalties for illegal imports and legal importing procedures.
Importing explosives, nuclear substances and equipment, hazardous waste and the risks involved.
Importing and exporting drugs, human pathogens and toxins and other health products.
Trading crude oil, refined petroleum products, electricity, natural gas and natural gas liquids.
Trading firearms, weapons, ammunition and related parts, military goods and strategic technology.
Food import requirements, permits, quotas, inspections and best practices.
Standards, certification and agreements for imported radio and telecommunications equipment.
Importing terrestrial and aquatic animals, animal by-products, semen and embryos, endangered species.
Bringing steel, precious metals or rough diamonds into Canada.
Importing plants, forestry and horticulture commodities, including grain, seeds and plants with novel traits.
Tariff preference levels and labelling requirements for imports of textiles and clothing products.
Importing motor vehicles, small marine vessels or tires into Canada.
- Canada Border Services Agency
- Canadian Food Inspection Agency
- Canadian Nuclear Safety Commission
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Global Affairs Canada
- Health Canada
- Canadian Heritage
- Innovation, Science and Economic Development Canada
- National Energy Board
- Natural Resources Canada
- Public Services and Procurement Canada
- Transport Canada
What we are doing
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: