Share your views on: an Indigenous knowledge policy framework for proposed project reviews and regulatory decisions
Current status: Open
Opened on May 16, 2019. Will close to new input on June 28, 2019.Share your views on the development of an Indigenous Knowledge Policy Framework for proposed project reviews and regulatory decisions.
Join in: how to participate
To learn how we will protect your privacy during this consultation, read our privacy statement.
Read the Discussion Paper: Indigenous Knowledge Policy Framework for Proposed Project Reviews and Regulatory Decisions.
Share your comments or send a submission responding to the discussion paper online by visiting Let’s talk Indigenous knowledge.
Who is the focus of this engagement
The Government of Canada wants to hear from:
- Indigenous peoples
- Provinces and territories
- Non-governmental environmental organizations
- Other interested Canadians
Why we are engaging
The purpose of this discussion paper is to initiate a discussion and seek input from Indigenous peoples, stakeholders, provinces, territories and the public on principles, best practices and other elements that will inform the development of an Indigenous Knowledge Policy Framework for proposed project reviews and regulatory decisions. The policy framework will help guide the implementation of the Indigenous knowledge provisions in the legislation proposed under Bills C-68 and C-69.
The policy framework will be developed in partnership with Indigenous peoples, with further input being sought from Indigenous individuals, governments, communities and organizations through various meetings and workshops on Indigenous knowledge being organized across Canada.
Key questions for discussion
- What principles should guide the Government of Canada in the consideration and protection from unauthorized disclosure of confidential Indigenous knowledge in proposed project reviews and regulatory decisions?
- What existing best practices could help inform and guide the development of a policy framework?
- How can meaningful consideration of Indigenous knowledge be promoted in proposed project reviews and regulatory decisions?
- Bill C-68
- Bill C-69
- Information for Indigenous communities on Bills C-69 and C-68
- Indigenous knowledge in Bills C-68 and C-69
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: