Review of Environmental and Regulatory Processes
The Government of Canada is undertaking a review of environmental and regulatory processes.
The review will focus on the following:
- Reviewing federal environmental assessment processes;
- Modernizing the National Energy Board; and
- Restoring lost protections and introducing modern safeguards to the Fisheries Act and the Navigation Protection Act.
Consultation will be at the core of this review. The Government believes in a coordinated, open and transparent process that incorporates scientific evidence and takes into account the views of Canadians.
- June 20, 2017 — Review of the Navigation Protection Act: Government Response now available
- May 15, 2017 — National Energy Board Modernization: National Energy Board Modernization Expert Panel Delivers Report
- April 5, 2017 — Review of Environmental Assessment Processes: Minister Launches Public Comment Period on Expert Panel Report
- March 23, 2017 — Review of the Navigation Protection Act: Standing Committee Report now available
- January 16, 2017 — National Energy Board Modernization: Expert Panel on National Energy Board Modernization Set to Begin Engagement with Canadians
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: