Funding to Support Public Travel
The Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency is offering funding to support public travel to participate in engagement sessions with the Environmental Assessment Expert Panel.
Who can apply?
Funding is available to members of the public.
How funding will be allocated
Limited funding may be provided on a case by case basis, subject to the established criteria below and when other methods of participation are not possible or feasible.
Funding decisions will be based on the following assessment criteria:
- The funding is dedicated to supporting a portion of travel costs up to a maximum of $1000. Other activities such as preparatory community meetings or preparation of submissions are not eligible for funding.
- The Panel must be travelling more than 100 kilometers from the applicant’s community.
- The applicant must be registered and attend an Environmental Assessment Expert Panel workshop or engagement session.
- The applicant has relevant experience or knowledge related to environmental assessment processes, projects or policy.
- In order to maximize the engagement of Canadians, funding will be provided to only one individual representative of any group to travel to one of the public events held by the Panel.
- In order to ensure the most effective use of public funds, the applicant must consider the most cost-effective means of transport to the event to be attended.
- Recipients who have already been allocated funding for Indigenous participation in the review of environmental processes are not eligible for funding to support public travel.
Only travel expenses incurred to participate in an Environmental Assessment Expert Panel engagement session or workshop are eligible for reimbursement. Travel expenses may include transportation, meals, lodging and incidentals. Travel expenses must be reasonable and in accordance with federal government travel directives.
A maximum of $1000 is available per applicant.
How to apply?
For more details on who is eligible, how to apply, what expenses may be funded and how the funding program works, consult the National Funding Guidelines for the Review of Environmental Assessment Processes.
The application period has ended.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: