Federally regulated employees - Filing a labour standards complaint with the Labour Program: Before you file a complaint

2. Before you file a complaint

You should consult the list of federally regulated industries and workplaces to find out if your employer is subject to federal jurisdiction. You can also contact the Labour Program at 1-800-641-4049.

If you are a unionized employee

If you are a unionized employee covered by a collective agreement, which provides for third party resolution provisions, you must first contact your union representative to discuss:

  • the issue, and
  • how it might be addressed

In most instances, the Labour Program is not authorized to handle your complaint which may be rejected.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: