Federally regulated employees - Filing a labour standards complaint with the Labour Program: Complete the complaint form
4. Complete the complaint form
You must download the appropriate complaint form from the Service Canada website.
The complaint form will include information such as (or including):
- your name, address and contact information
- your employer’s name, address and details
- your work history with your employer, and
- details about your complaint
If your contact information changes after you filed your complaint, you must:
- inform the Labour Program contact assigned to your file, or
- contact the Labour Program at 1-800-641-4049
Disclosure of your identity
You may request that your identity be kept confidential from your employer during the investigation of a monetary or non-monetary complaint. However, by doing so, you may limit the possibility of facilitating and expediting the handling of your complaint.
Confidentiality cannot be kept if:
- the disclosure is necessary for the purposes of a prosecution
- the disclosure is in the public interest, or
- the Labour Program determines that the disclosure is necessary for the investigation of the complaint to be carried out and you consent to the disclosure in writing. If you refuse to provide consent after being requested to do so in writing, the Labour Program may deem the complaint to be withdrawn
For more information, please contact the Labour Program at 1-800-641-4049.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: