Create a secure ATIP Online account
Make an account to get your reply online New
Creating an ATIP Online account offers you the ability to:
- have your profile details entered automatically for every request
- view, manage and track your requests made through the service
- obtain status updates and notifications when your request is actioned
- get your reply and response package delivered securely to your online account
We take the security of your personal information very seriously. You will need to secure your account with the highest level of authentication.
Check if making an account is right for you
If you don’t want to make an account, you can make a request as a guest user without one.
- If you plan on making multiple requests, having an account will help you keep track of your requests and responses.
- You will need to secure your account using multi-factor authentication. To do this, you will need a smartphone that can download an authenticator app or download an authenticator app to your desktop device.
How to create an ATIP Online account
Step 1: Sign in with Sign-in Canada
Your first factor of authentication is offered through Sign-in Canada, the Government of Canada’s online authentication service.
- If you already have an account, you will be prompted to sign-in using your GCKey or your Canadian banking credentials.
- If you do not have an account, you will need to create an account with Sign-In Canada.
Once you are signed-in, you will be prompted to secure your account.
Step 2: Secure your account
We use multi-factor authentication to secure your account.
About multi-factor authentication
Multi-factor authentication (MFA) is a way to confirm users by using a combination of two different factors:
- something they know (for example, a password)
- something they have (for example, a physical object)
Think of it like a locked door that needs both a key and a keypad code to open – someone pretending to be you might get the keypad code but without the key in your pocket the door still won’t open. To register, you must download an authenticator app (free of charge) to your phone or tablet or desktop that generates a security code, also called “time-based one-time password” (TOTP).
Once the app is installed, you will be prompted to scan a QR code through the authenticator app, or you can choose to manually enter a code provided on the screen. The authenticator app will automatically scan the QR code and add the ATIP Online account and prompt you to enter a six-digit code to continue the registration of the MFA process.
The code changes every thirty seconds and your ATIP Online account will only ever accept the code generated from that app on that device – that’s what makes it like a physical key that can’t be duplicated by someone pretending to be you online.
Step 3: Fill in your contact details
Once you have secured your account, you will be prompted to complete your account profile for ATIP Online, and be asked to provide:
- your name
- phone number
- email address
Step 4: Confirm your account
Once you have signed up, you will receive an email to confirm your account. Remember to check your spam folders if you do not receive an email within a couple of hours.
With your account confirmed, you will be taken to your account dashboard where you can begin to make a request. This completes your account set-up
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: