Centre of Excellence for Evaluation (CEE)
Address: Centre of Excellence for Evaluation
Expenditure Management Sector
Treasury Board of Canada Secretariat
222 Nepean Street
Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0R5
Across the Government of Canada, evaluation is the systematic collection and analysis of evidence on the outcomes of programs to make judgments about their relevance and performance, and to examine alternative ways to deliver them or to achieve the same results.
- Accountability, through public reporting on results;
- Expenditure management;
- Management for results; and
- Policy and program improvement.
About the CEE
The CEE provides functional leadership, including advice and guidance in the conduct, use and advancement of evaluation practices across the federal government.
This website offers useful information, tools and resources for evaluation professionals in the federal government and those with an interest in evaluation.
Evaluation Roles and Responsibilities
Evaluation plays a key role in supporting government commitments for ensuring the value for money of its programs.
Evaluation is led by federal department and agency deputy heads and supports policy and program improvement, expenditure management, proposals to Cabinet and public reporting.
- Evaluation Policy Suite
- Evaluation Guidance
- Guidance on the Neutral Assessment of the Departmental Evaluation Function
- Assessing Program Resource Utilization When Evaluating Federal Programs
- Theory-Based Approaches to Evaluation: Concepts and Practices
- Supporting Effective Evaluations: A Guide to Developing Performance Measurement Strategies
- Guidance on the Governance and Management of Evaluations of Horizontal Initiatives
- Annual Reports
- Reference Material
- Evaluation of the 2009 Policy on Evaluation
- Results-Based Management Lexicon
- Evaluation Uses
- Quality of Evaluations
- Study of the Evaluation Function In the Federal Government
- External Research and Reference Material
- Other Tools and Resources
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: