Public Service Health Care Plan - Web and mobile claims submissions available April 1, 2018
The purpose of this notice is to inform you that as of April 1, 2018, the Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) will be launching digital services including electronic claims submissions for web and mobile applications.
Plan members residing in Canada will be able to submit claims for paramedical services and vision care benefits electronically on the Sun Life Member Services website at www.sunlife.ca/pshcp and the my Sun Life Mobile application (app) available on Apple and Android devices.
In 2010, the PSHCP introduced the benefit card allowing plan members to submit expenses for prescription drugs and certain medical supplies electronically at their pharmacy. However, all other medical expenses were required to be submitted by mail. In order to meet the changing needs and expectations of plan members, the PSHCP is introducing new digital services which will provide members with the option to submit their claims by web and the my Sun Life Mobile app.
Claims submitted either online through Sun Life’s Member Services website or the my Sun Life Mobile app will be adjudicated immediately and, if approved, any reimbursement amount will usually be deposited to a member’s bank account within 24 to 48 hours.
How you can prepare for the new services:
- Register to Sun Life’s Member Services website at www.sunlife.ca/pshcp. Sun Life will require your email address and banking details so that you may submit claims electronically. If you are already registered, you must also provide this information to benefit from these new services.
- Download the free my Sun Life Mobile app for iPhone and Android devices from the App Store and Google Play.
New digital services
In addition to electronic claims submissions, the following features will be available online and through the my Sun Life Mobile app:
- You will be able to track claims that are being processed and view your completed claims.
- Find out what is covered under the Plan quickly and conveniently.
- Locate health practitioners nearest to you using the “provider search” feature.
- Review your drug claim history, drug coverage, and explore potential alternative drugs in real time to discuss with your health practitioner.
- Access your PSHCP benefit card.
Web specific features:
- You can submit coordination of benefits claims between two Sun Life plans or submit the remaining balance of a claim already processed through another insurer.
- Before submitting benefits claims, you can complete and update your positive enrolment information.
- Sign up for direct deposit or update your banking information currently on file for faster reimbursement of your benefits claims.
- Print your PSHCP benefit card.
Mobile app specific features:
- Submit photos of receipts for more complex medical expenses, such as treatments lasting more than one hour, lab tests, equipment, and medical supplies.
- Provide supporting documentation requested by Sun Life, such as physician referrals and questionnaires for a claim without having to send documents by mail.
- Add your PSHCP benefit card to your Apple Wallet (not available on Android).
- Activate the Touch ID sign-in feature to log in to the app securely without a password.
For any questions or concerns regarding online claims submissions and digital services please contact Sun Life at 1-888-757-7427.
A/Assistant Deputy Minister
Pensions and Benefits Sector
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: