Reopening Fund for Heritage Organizations – Museums Assistance Program
Current status of the call for applications: Open
Who can apply
In recognition of the exceptional circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) has temporarily modified eligibility criteria for this funding.
Both incorporated and unincorporated organizations and groups can apply.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be:
- a not-for-profit organization such as a museum, an archive, or a historic site (including those that operate seasonally and those without full-time staff);
- an Indigenous organization or official language minority community organization; or,
- a municipal or university museum with a distinct budget.
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- manage a heritage collection
- provide public access through regular hours of operation (including on a part-time or seasonal basis); and,
- have had annual expenses in 2019 (or your last completed pre-pandemic fiscal year) between $2,000 and $3,000,000.
How to applyStart your application
Should you be unable to access the new online system or apply online for any reason, please contact our support team.
Closing date: October 20, 2021.
High volume of applications expected.
Applicants are encouraged to apply early, as funds are limited.
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: