Reopening Fund for Heritage Organizations – Museums Assistance Program
Note : The application period is now closed.
Who can apply
In recognition of the exceptional circumstances created by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Museums Assistance Program (MAP) has temporarily modified eligibility criteria for this funding.
Both incorporated and unincorporated organizations and groups can apply.
To be eligible for funding, your organization must be:
- a not-for-profit organization such as a museum, an archive, or a historic site (including those that operate seasonally and those without full-time staff);
- an Indigenous organization or official language minority community organization; or,
- a municipal or university museum with a distinct budget.
To be eligible, applicants must also:
- manage a heritage collection
- provide public access through regular hours of operation (including on a part-time or seasonal basis); and,
- have had annual expenses in 2019 (or your last completed pre-pandemic fiscal year) between $2,000 and $3,000,000.
How to apply
Closing date: November 29, 2021
The application period is now closed.
All applications were due November 29, 2021 at 5:00 p.m. (ET).
- 1-888-997-3123 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (ET).
Guides and help
Related services and information
- Museums Assistance Program
- Access to Heritage — Museums Assistance Program
- Exhibition Circulation Fund — Museums Assistance Program
- Indigenous Heritage — Museums Assistance Program
- Collections Management — Museums Assistance Program
- Canada-France Agreement — Museums Assistance Program
- Evaluation of the Museums Assistance Program 2013-14 to 2017-18
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: