Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations (employers)
COVID-19 and support measures for the culture, heritage and sport sectors
Learn about the immediate action the Government of Canada is taking to provide support measures and financial relief for the culture, heritage and sport sectors.
Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations is a summer job program. Eligible employers may benefit from wage subsidies and access to a pool of talented youth with innovative ideas and competitive skills.
Positions last from six to 16 weeks and students must work 30 to 40 hours per week. Students with a disability are eligible for part-time work.
Who can apply
An employer may be eligible for funding if it is:
- an incorporated, non-profit organization in Canada with a heritage mandate such as a museumFootnote 1, archives, a library, or an organization managing a heritage site/built heritageFootnote 2;
- an educational or cultural institution that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- a non-profit organization under a provincial, territorial, regional or municipal government, that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- a professional heritage service organization;
- an Indigenous regional government or governing body (band or tribal council) and/or Indigenous organization with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Inuit and Métis); and
- stable and financially healthy.
An employer is not eligible if it is:
- a federal department, federal agency or Crown corporation;
- a provincial or territorial government department;
- for-profit; or
- a non-profit organization with a heritage mandate in support of a federal entity, that is also operationally dependent on the federal entity by virtue of its administrative and/or contractual relationship.
How to apply
YCW programs are implemented through various Delivery Organizations. You must apply online via the YCW Interactive Website to the Delivery Organization most appropriate to your organization’s mandate and/or project objectives. Delivery Organizations are responsible for evaluating and approving applications and for administering funded projects.
For full program eligibility, application and funding details, please consult the Employer guide – Young Canada Works (also available through Delivery Organizations).
The application deadline is January 22.
Contact your selected Delivery Organization if you have questions or need more information.
OR, call the Government of Canada's Youth Info Line:
- Toll free
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: