Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations (employers)
Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations is a summer job program. Eligible employers may benefit from wage subsidies and access to a pool of talented youth with innovative ideas and competitive skills.
Positions last from six to 16 weeks and students must work 30 to 40 hours per week. Students with a disability are eligible for part-time work.
Who can apply
An employer may be eligible for funding if it is:
- an incorporated, non-profit organization in Canada with a heritage mandate such as a museumFootnote 1, archives, a library, or an organization managing a heritage site/built heritageFootnote 2;
- an educational or cultural institution that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- a non-profit organization under a provincial, territorial, regional or municipal government, that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- a professional heritage service organization;
- an Indigenous regional government or governing body (band or tribal council) and/or Indigenous organization with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage (First Nations, Inuit and Métis); and
- stable and financially healthy.
An employer is not eligible if it is:
- a federal department, federal agency or Crown corporation;
- a provincial or territorial government department;
- for-profit; or
- a non-profit organization with a heritage mandate in support of a federal entity, that is also operationally dependent on the federal entity by virtue of its administrative and/or contractual relationship.
How to apply
YCW programs are implemented through various Delivery Organizations. You must apply online via the YCW Interactive Website to the Delivery Organization most appropriate to your organization’s mandate and/or project objectives. Delivery Organizations are responsible for evaluating and approving applications and for administering funded projects.
For full program eligibility, application and funding details, please consult the Employer guide – Young Canada Works (also available through Delivery Organizations).
The application deadline is January 15, 2019.
Contact your selected Delivery Organization if you have questions or need more information.
OR, call the Government of Canada's Youth Info Line:
- Toll free: 1-800-935-5555
- TTY: 1-800-926-9105
Guides and help
- Employer guide – Young Canada Works
- Frequently asked questions for employers – Young Canada Works
- Checklist for employers – Young Canada Works
- Delivery organizations – Young Canada Works
- Employer selection criteria (summer jobs) – Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations
- Terms and conditions (Summer Work Experience) – Young Canada Works in Heritage Organizations
Related services and information
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: