Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages (employers)
Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages is a short-term job program. Eligible employers may benefit from salary subsidies and access to a pool of talented youth with innovative ideas and competitive skills.
Positions last from six to 16 weeks and students must work 30 to 40 hours per week. Students with a disability are eligible for part-time positions.
Who can apply
An employer may be eligible if it is:
- a private, public, non-profit organization, or a municipality;
- involved in national, provincial, territorial, municipal or community activities;
- willing to hire young people from other regions of Canada;
- conducting activities in both official languages; and
- stable and financially healthy.
An employer is not eligible if it is:
- a federal department, federal agency or Crown Corporation; or
- a provincial or territorial government department.
Note: To enable geographic mobility within the Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages program, priority will be given to employers who hire students who must travel at least 125 km from their permanent residence to their place of work.
The application deadline is February 3rd. Applications submitted after this date will be examined with a first (1st) come first (1st) serve basis and the fund availability.
Application approval takes a minimum of two months following the application deadline. Please contact the appropriate delivery organization to inquire about the status of the application.
How to apply
To apply, employers must:
- obtain a copy of the Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages Employer Guide by contacting the delivery organization to which they plan to submit an application, or the YCW Secretariat at PCH.coordonnateurjct-ycwcoordinator.PCH@canada.ca.
- visit the Young Canada Works login page to create a new account or reactivate their profile from a previous year;
- follow the step-by-step instructions to ensure that all of the required information is included; and
- submit the application to the delivery organization responsible for delivering the program in their region for evaluation.
Once the delivery organization has received the application, it will be reviewed and evaluated.
Read the frequently asked questions for employers to know more about the available funding and hiring requirements.
Transportation and accommodation costs
Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages will pay the cost of one round trip between the student’s permanent residence and workplace for students who must travel at least 125 km from their permanent residence to their job site. The program also offers an allowance for housing costs incurred by a participant who has to pay rent.
For questions related to employment, please contact the appropriate delivery organization.
For general questions about Young Canada Works, please contact:Department of Canadian Heritage
Young Canada Works Secretariat
15 Eddy Street
Gatineau QC K1A 0M5
- 1-800-935-5555 (toll-free)
- 1-800-926-9105 (toll-free)
Agents are available to answer your questions, Monday to Friday, 8 am to 8 pm (ET).
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: