Reserve Force Compensation

From: National Defence

If as a member of the Reserve Force you become ill or injured on Class A, B or C service and continue to be after the end of your contract, you may eligible for compensation.

Who is eligible

You may be eligible if:

  • you are a member of the Reserve Force on Class A, B or C service
  • you suffer from an injury, disease or illness that:
    • is attributable to military service; and
    • continues beyond the period of reserve service during which it occurred

How to apply

  • report the service-related injury or illness to your Chain of Command
  • the Chain of Command completes a Report on Injuries or Exposure to Toxic Material or Substances (CF 98) form and forwards the report to Director Casualty Support Management (DCSM)
  • the Chain of Command completes a DND 663 form to report a Hazardous Occurrence to the Director General Safety (if applicable)
  • the Unit and Medical Officer completes DND 2398 form if you decide to seek compensation as a result of a loss of wages and sends:
    • a scanned copy to DCSM2
    • the original to your Chain of Command for further review and recommendation
  • DCSM makes a decision and informs your Unit and Chain of Command. If the DCSM:
    • approves the request, they issue a message with compensation instructions
    • rejects the request, they provide a justification the Chain of Command in writing

Contact us for help

For local support, contact your transition centre or the Director Casualty Support Management.

Toll Free: 1-800-883-6094
Telephone: 613-996-1405



Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: