How to purchase surplus military materiel

The sale of surplus DND/CAF materiel can occur at fair market value, to a limited market, or at less than fair market value and is to be conducted in a manner that obtains highest net value for the Crown.

How to purchase non-controlled goods

Surplus of most non-controlled materiel being sold by the Crown can be viewed and purchased through the GCSurplus website. This site is managed by Public Service and Procurement Canada (PSPC).

How to purchase controlled goods

The sale of controlled military materiel is subject to a wide variety of controls and regulations. Controlled goods are ordinarily sold to other nations and Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Under exceptional circumstances, however, the sale of controlled goods to industry may also be considered. These sales are subject to applicable policies and legislation, including but not limited to Controlled Goods Regulations (CGR) and the Surplus Crown Assets Act. Potential Canadian bidders must be registered under the GCMIL of PSPC.

Contact us

For questions related to disposal processes please contact the Directorate of Supply Chain Operations.

E-mails sent to this address will be forwarded to the appropriate contact within the directorate.

Page details

Date modified: