Contact the Canada Pension Plan

From: Employment and Social Development Canada

Information about the Canada Pension Plan program


You can complete the following tasks online:

By phone

You can complete the following tasks by calling:

  • Apply or update direct deposit
  • Get various CPP documents including:
    • Application forms
    • Entitlement letters
    • Rate letters
    • Tax slips
  • Get a CPP estimate
  • Request or cancel voluntary tax withholds
  • Report when a payment was not received to open an investigation and receive a duplicate
  • Cancel benefits in the case of death

If you are already a CPP recipient you will need your Social Insurance Number to be identified.

Canada and the United States Toll-free: 1-800-277-9914
Canada and the United States TTY: 1-800-255-4786
The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. local time, Monday to Friday.

Outside Canada and the United States: 1-613-957-1954 (Call collect)
The hours of operation are 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Eastern time, Monday to Friday.

By mail

You can complete the following tasks by mail:

Within Canada, send your documents to the nearest Service Canada Office.
For outside of Canada, mail your documents to a Service Canada Office in the province where you last resided.

In person

You can complete the following tasks at a Service Canada office:

To access information on your specific file visit My Service Canada Account.

Find a Service Canada office near you.

Protecting your information

You now need to show ID and answer verification questions at Service Canada Centres to access your file.

To be accepted, your ID needs to show your legal name, photo, signature and/or date of birth.

Examples of accepted ID include:

  • One of the following:
    • a passport (Canadian or foreign) or permanent resident card
    • a Certificate of Indian Status issued by the Government of Canada
    • a provincial or territorial ID card or drivers license
  • or two of the following:
    • a birth certificate (provincial or territorial)
    • a certificate of Canadian citizenship
    • a certificate of registration of birth abroad
    • any other government-issued ID

No ID is required to ask about our programs or services.

Report a problem or mistake on this page
Please select all that apply:

Thank you for your help!

You will not receive a reply. For enquiries, contact us.

Date modified: