Employer resources and tools on employment equity
On this page
Resources to help federally regulated employers and contractors fulfill their obligations under:
- the Employment Equity Act, and
- the Federal Contractors Program (FCP)
List of abbreviations
- Legislated Employment Equity Program
- Federal Contractors Program
- Workplace Equity Information Management System
- National Occupational Classification
Tools and resources
In this section
Workplace Equity Information Management System (WEIMS) online application
WEIMS is an online application that assists employers in:
- submitting their annual employment equity reports for the Legislated Employment Equity Program (LEEP)
- discharging their statutory obligations under the Employment Equity Act
- fulfilling their obligations under the FCP
To access WEIMS, please send an email to the Labour Program at email@example.com
You can access the Employment Equity forms in PDF format from the Service Canada Forms Catalogue.
Individual employer data
Access a LEEP employer’s submitted statistical forms from their employment equity annual reports. Consult the Individual Employer Data website.
National Occupational Classification (NOC)
NOC organizes the world of work in a standardized and structured format. It provides descriptive information about occupations in the Canadian labour market. Version 2016.3 is the current one in use.
The Canadian Human Rights Commission’s Framework for compliance audits under the Employment Equity Act
This framework provides:
- information about the Commission's employment equity activities, and
- outlines its approach to the:
- planning of audit cycles
- selecting employers
- audit process
- steps related to potential enforcement measures of the Employment Equity Act
Consult the Framework for Compliance Audits Under the Employment Equity Act for more information.
Employment Equity Act Annual Report
The Employment Equity Act Annual Reports consolidates and analyzes the individual employer reports that they submit under the LEEP. The reports describe the statistical results achieved by employers subject to the LEEP during the calendar year for the 4 designated groups:
- Indigenous peoplesFootnote 1
- members of visible minorities, and
- persons with disabilities
As required by the Employment Equity Act, the reports are tabled in Parliament.
Employment Equity Data Report
The Employment Equity Data Report provides specific labour market area information on the occupational and educational characteristics of the 4 designated groups.
This information enables employers subject to the Employment Equity Act to:
- compare the data with their internal workforce, and
- identify any gaps in the representation of the 4 designated groups
Employers can then work to develop realistic goals and timetables for achieving employment equity.
Salary or Clustering Analysis Template
The Salary or Clustering Analysis Template assists employers in conducting their salary or clustering analysis on the 4 designated groups. It will facilitate the comparison of the designated group members' salary data with other employees working within the same occupational groups. This will help to determine if there is clustering in the lower salary ranges.
Workforce Analysis Template
The Workforce Analysis Template assists employers in preparing their workforce analysis on the 4 designated groups. Comprising 5 worksheets, the first 4 cover each of the designated groups and the fifth worksheet summarizes the data.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: