Funding: Applicant Guide for the Enabling Accessibility Fund for small projects component - Step 4: Apply
Step 4. Apply
Complete the Application for Funding.
Before submitting your Application for Funding, ensure that you have included all of the required documents in your application package (outlined below) and completed each section of the Application for Funding. Not doing so could result in an incomplete application and the rejection of your application from this process.
Eligible applicants can submit one Application for Funding per funding stream. If you submit two applications (one per funding stream) you must submit two separate Applications for Funding. If more than one application is submitted by an eligible applicant (per business number) under the same funding stream, only the first application received will be considered.
Required documents - Checklist
- Application for Funding: See Step 3 - How to complete your Application for Funding, for detailed instructions.
- Authorization: A scanned copy of the pages of the Application for Funding signed by the legally authorized representative(s) of the organization.
- Proof of organization type and status: A document from the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) that includes your organization’s business or registration number with the CRA (for example, tax-related document, CRA correspondence).
- Proof of contributions from other sources: Letter(s) from all contributing organizations confirming cash and/or in-kind contributions towards the project, demonstrating that your organization has met the mandatory leveraging (cost-sharing) requirements for this CFP. The 35% leveraging requirement does not apply to applicants from Yukon, Northwest Territories and Nunavut.
- External cost estimates (2 per activity): At least two external estimates (quotes) for each activity of the proposed project are required from two separate contractors or an acceptable rationale why two estimates cannot be provided and how project costs were calculated. Projects with a total cost of less than $5,000 need only submit one external estimate.
- Proof of ownership or lease agreement (if applicable): For activities which include construction, renovation and/or retrofit of facilities, proof that the project is not located on Government of Canada property, nor in a private home or dwelling (for example, building ownership proof, lease agreement).
- Letter of consent from the landlord/lease provider (if applicable): For activities which include construction, renovation and retrofit of facilities which your organization currently rents/leases from a landlord/lease provider, a letter indicating the consent to implement the proposed project activities from the landlord/lease provider of the property.
Submit your application
Your Application for Funding and other required documents must be submitted in one complete package no later than July 26, 2018 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time. Applications received after this deadline will be disqualified.
Please submit your application to NC-HIP-PIP-EAF_ODI-GD@hrsdc-rhdcc.gc.ca.
Note: Applications cannot be submitted through any other means, including cloud storage service providers such as Dropbox or Google Drive. Applications sent using such means will be rejected.
Please sign the appropriate section(s) and provide a scanned image of the signed page(s) only.
If you are unable to scan all the required sections or any other documents, you may mail them by July 26, 2018, before 11:59 p.m. Pacific Time to the following address:
Enabling Accessibility Fund Submissions
National Grants & Contributions Delivery Center (ESDC)
140 Promenade du Portage
Phase IV, 4th floor
Gatineau, Quebec K1A 0J9
In your email, clearly indicate if further documentation will be forthcoming by mail. For any documents mailed, clearly indicate the organization name and project title.
In addition, you can submit an Application for Funding through the Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS). GCOS is a secure web environment which allows stakeholders to apply for funding opportunities (grants and contributions) online and subsequently manage their Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) active projects. This includes tracking the status of their application as well as submitting claims or supporting documents all within one online system.
If you already have a Grants and Contributions Online Services (GCOS) account you are strongly encouraged to apply online now. As part of your supporting documents, please include a breakdown of your project costs into cost categories (Question 58 - Cost category).
If you need help to retrieve your user name or password you may follow instructions in the Grants and Contributions Online Services - Account Registration User Guide (section 1.1.5), or contact the Employer Contact Centre for support at 1-800-367-5693.
Note: Organizations need to have a Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) business number as well as the legal and operating name and address of their organization, as registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA), to create a GCOS account.
It may take several business days to finalize your GCOS account. You are strongly encouraged to initiate the one time GCOS account creation process as soon as possible. The same GCOS account can also be used to apply for other funding opportunities available at ESDC. Details about the complete registration process can be found on the Registering for GCOS page.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: