Young Canada Works at Building Careers in English and French – Canadian Heritage
Description of the program
This program creates jobs with partners in language industries. These jobs help new university and college graduates get the skills they need to build their careers.
There are two streams:
- Jobs in newspaper or radio in an Official language minority community; or
- International jobs including:
- Language schools;
- Educational institutions;
- Translation businesses;
- Visual or performing arts companies;
- Film and video production; or
- Cultural or heritage groups.
Jobs need to be full time for 4 to 12 months. Interns with a disability are eligible for part-time work in Canada.
The program will pay travel and part of the housing costs for overseas jobs. It will also cover reasonable travel costs for jobs in Canada.
Who can apply
You are a potential employer if you:
- Are a private, public or non-profit organization with opportunities to build advanced skills through jobs;
- Are incorporated;
- Work in both official languages;
- Are stable;
- Are financially healthy; and
- Are an official-language minority community radio station or newspaper (for Canadian jobs)
The applications can be submitted throughout the year.
Steps to apply
To apply, employers are required to:
- obtain a copy of the Young Canada Works Employer Guide by contacting the Delivery Organization to which they plan to submit an application, or the YCW Secretariat at PCH.coordonnateurjct-ycwcoordinator.PCH@canada.ca.
- visit the Young Canada Works login page to create a new account or reactivate their profile from a previous year;
- follow the step-by-step instructions to complete an application; and
- submit their application to the delivery organization responsible for delivering the program in their region for evaluation.
Once the delivery organization has received an application, it will be reviewed and evaluated.
Read more about the available funding and hiring requirements in the frequently asked questions for employers.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: