Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage (graduate internships) - Canadian Heritage
Description of the program
This program helps your heritage or arts organization create jobs for youth. These jobs help college and university graduates 30 and under gain valuable skills and work experience.
Qualified employers get wage subsidies to create jobs.
Jobs in Canada can include those in professional fields related to the work of heritage organizations, including museums, archives, library, cultural centres, historic societies, heritage sites or properties. These may include positions such as:
- Curator, librarian, archivist;
- Heritage planner;
- Education or program planning;
- Artefact conservator;
- Arts administrator or related arts practitioner; or
- New media specialist.
Up to four international museology internships are also eligible for funding.
Jobs are full time and last from 4 to 12 months.
Youth with disabilities may be eligible for part-time work (Canada only).
Who can apply
You may be eligible for funding if your organization is:
- A Canadian incorporated not for profit organization with a heritage or arts mandate;
- An educational or cultural institution that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- A non-profit organization under a provincial, territorial, regional or municipal government, that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage or the arts;
- A professional heritage or arts service organization;
- An Indigenous regional government or governing body and/or Indigenous organization with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage; and
- Stable and financially healthy.
The application period for 2019 has closed. Information about the 2020 application period will be posted here when available.
Steps to apply
YCW programs are implemented through various Delivery Organizations. You must apply online via the YCW Interactive Website to the Delivery Organization most appropriate to your organization’s mandate and/or project objectives. Delivery Organizations are responsible for evaluating and approving applications and for administering funded projects.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: