Young Canada Works in Both Official Languages – Canadian Heritage
Description of the program
Does your organization work in both French and English and want to bring in some fresh talent? This program helps students aged 16 to 30 gain skills and improve their second language.
Jobs are full-time and last from six to 16 weeks. Students with a disability can work part-time.
This program gives wage, housing and some travel support to eligible employers (conditions apply).
Employers hiring students for jobs at least 125 kilometres from their home get priority.
Who can apply
You may be eligible for funding if you are:
- A private, public, non-profit organization, or municipality;
- Involved in national, provincial, territorial, municipal or community activities;
- Willing to hire young people from other regions of Canada;
- Working in both official languages; and
- Stable and financially healthy.
The application period for 2019 has closed. Information about the 2020 application period will be posted here when available.
Steps to apply
To apply, employers are required to:
- obtain a copy of the Young Canada Works Employer Guide by contacting the Delivery Organization to which they plan to submit an application, or the YCW Secretariat at PCH.coordonnateurjct-ycwcoordinator.PCH@canada.ca.
- visit the Young Canada Works login page to create a new account or reactivate their profile from a previous year;
- follow the step-by-step instructions to complete an application; and
- submit their application to the delivery organization responsible for delivering the program in their region for evaluation.
Once the delivery organization has received an application, it will be reviewed and evaluated.
Read more about the available funding and hiring requirements in the frequently asked questions for employers.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: