Young Canada Works at Building Careers in Heritage Organizations – Canadian Heritage
Description of the program
This program helps your heritage organization create summer jobs for youth. Eligible employers get wage support to hire youth aged 16 to 30 for six to 16 weeks full time.
Jobs across Canada that focus on the heritage industry are eligible.
Roles can include:
- Collections management;
- Heritage research and interpretation;
- Education and public programming;
- Artefact preservation; and
- New media initiatives.
Organizations that are eligible for funding are:
- Cultural centres;
- Historic societies; and
- Heritage sites or properties
Students with disabilities may be eligible for part-time work.
Who can apply
You may be eligible for funding if your organization is:
- A Canadian incorporated not for profit organization with a heritage mandate;
- An educational or cultural institution that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- A non-profit organization under a provincial, territorial, regional or municipal government, that has distinct objectives, programs and a budget related to heritage;
- A professional heritage service organization;
- An Indigenous regional government or governing body and/or Indigenous organization with a mandate to preserve and support Indigenous heritage; and
- Stable and financially healthy.
The application period for 2019 has closed. Information about the 2020 application period will be posted here when available.
Steps to apply
YCW programs are implemented through various Delivery Organizations. You must apply online via the YCW Interactive Website to the Delivery Organization most appropriate to your organization’s mandate and/or project objectives. Delivery Organizations are responsible for evaluating and approving applications and for administering funded projects.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: