Siloxane D4 in industrial effluents: P2 notice overview
Published June 2, 2012, the Notice outlines the requirements to prepare and implement pollution prevention (P2) plans.
- Notice (published in the Canada Gazette, Part I, Saturday, June 2, 2012; Vol. 146, No. 22, Supplement)
Does this Notice apply to you?
This Notice applies to any person who owns or operates an industrial facility that manufactures or uses D4 or a mixture containing D4, where the total quantity of D4 used or manufactured is equal to or greater than 100 kg during a calendar year, and, as a result of manufacturing or use, the effluent at the final discharge point(s) of the facility contains D4.
What you need to do
Prepare a P2 plan
- For a facility subject to the notice on the date of publication, you must prepare a P2 plan by June 1, 2013
- For a facility subject to the notice after the date of publication, you must prepare a P2 plan within 12 months from becoming subject
Implement a P2 plan
- For a facility subject to the notice on the date of publication, you must implement a P2 plan by June 1, 2017
- For a facility subject to the notice after the date of publication, you must implement a P2 plan no later than 48 months from becoming subject
You must complete and submit reports to Environment and Climate Change Canada.
- Report online for notice
- Instructions for completing the schedules
- Tip sheet: Pollution Prevention Planning Online Reporting Tool
- Request for time extension granted by Environment and Climate Change Canada
- For a Notification of non-engagement form, please send an email to: email@example.com
|Type of reports||Deadline1|
|Schedule 1: Declaration of Preparation||July 1, 2013|
|Schedule 4: Interim Progress Reports no. 1 to 3||annually July 1, 2014 to July 1, 2016|
|Schedule 5: Declaration of Implementation||July 1, 2017|
1 Note that the deadlines apply to a facility that becomes subject to the notice on the date of publication.
P2 notice toolkit
Contact Environment and Climate Change Canada
For all technical inquiries regarding the content of this notice, please contact:
Chemical Production Division
For inquiries regarding reporting and P2 practices, please contact:
Regulatory Innovation and Management Systems
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: