Indigenous Advisory Committee
The Indigenous Advisory Committee will provide the Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency with expert advice and participate in the development of policy and guidance for the proposed new impact assessment system.
The Committee will include First Nations, Inuit, and Métis members. Representation from all three distinct Indigenous peoples will help to ensure that the Committee provides a broad and inclusive perspective reflective of the unique rights, interests, priorities and circumstances of the Indigenous peoples in Canada.
Nominations for the Committee were sought from August 21 to October 7, 2018. All applications received are currently being evaluated by a review committee. Individuals selected to become members of the Committee will be contacted by Canadian Environmental Assessment Agency.
The Canadian Environmental Assessment is also creating a Technical Advisory Committee on Science and Knowledge to provide expert advice on topics related to impact assessments, including Indigenous knowledge, as well as regional and strategic assessments.
- Call for Nominations: Indigenous Advisory Committee
- Public Notice: Indigenous Advisory Committee
- Technical Advisory Committee on Science and Knowledge
- Review of Environmental and Regulatory Processes
- A proposed new impact assessment system
- Public Notice: Funding available to support Indigenous participation in the development of policy and guidance
- Indigenous engagement on the proposed new impact assessment system
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: