Public Statements of Detailed Strategic Environmental Assessments
The Cabinet Directive on the Environmental Assessment of Policy, Plan and Program Proposals requires that federal departments and agencies publish a Public Statement for SEAs.
This reporting mechanism serves to:
- ensure an open and accountable process and
- keep the public updated and involved in the process and outcome of federal policies, plans and programes.
Public Statements are also used to demonstrate that the Federal Sustainable Development Strategy goals and targets and other environmental factors have been considered during decision-making.
Federal departments and agencies will integrate publishing Public Statements into their existing reporting mechanisms to the fullest extent possible. The content and depth of the Public Statement is at the discretion of the responsible federal organization, but will reflect the specific circumstances of the proposal. No separate reporting of the SEA is required.
The links to Public Statements below will take you to the sites of the responsible departments or agencies.
Links to Public Statements of Government Organizations
- Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada
- Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
- Canada Revenue Agency
- Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions
- Canadian Heritage
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada
- Department of National Defense
- Employment and Social Development Canada
- Environment and Climate Change Canada
- Finance Canada
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada
- Global Affairs Canada
- Health Canada
- Indigenous and Northern Affairs Canada
- Industry Canada
- Infrastructure Canada
- Justice Canada
- Natural Resources Canada
- Parks Canada Agency
- Public Health Agency of Canada
- Public Works and Government Services Canada
- Transport Canada
- Veterans Affairs
- Western Economic Diversification Canada
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: