12.2 Protect yourself from fraud
In this section:
- 12.2.1 Your risk for fraud quiz
- 12.2.2 Who is vulnerable to fraud
- 12.2.3 Personal identification numbers and passwords
- 12.2.4 Fraud protection and social networking
- 12.2.5 Case study: Social networking and fraud
- 12.2.6 Steps to protect yourself
- 12.2.7 What to do if you become a victim of fraud
- 12.2.8 Summary of key messages
To keep yourself and your family safe from financial fraud, you need to be alert and take precautions.
In this section, you will learn:
- steps to take to protect yourself and your family
- how to safeguard your passwords and personal identification numbers (PINs)
- how to use social networking sites safely
- what to do if you are approached or become a victim of fraud.
You'll find out how vulnerable you are to frauds and scams, and review tips for keeping your finances and personal information safe. By the time you finish this section, you'll know how to protect yourself and your family from many types of fraud.
- Date modified: