Module 12: Fraud protection
Financial fraud is a growing problem in today's world. Every year, some 15 million Canadians are targeted by fraud, and in 2007 they lost a total of $450 million to illegal schemes. Maybe you or someone you know has been a victim. It's easy to fall for fraud because criminals are very creative and they keep changing their tactics to ensnare new victims.
You can keep your money and your financial identity safe. You need to be aware of the risks and you need to be careful. This module will show you how to protect yourself from financial fraud. In it you will learn:
- what the most common frauds and scams are, and how they work
- how to spot the warning signs that an offer or a communication may be fraudulent
- how to protect your money and your financial identity
- what to do if you, or someone you know, becomes a victim of fraud.
Throughout the module, you will find learning tools that you can use now and in the future:
- quizzes to test your knowledge and financial habits
- checklists and tips to remind you and your family how to avoid fraud
- an action plan of steps to help you protect yourself from financial fraud in the future.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: