12.1.14 Summary of key messages
- 12.1.1 Fraud awareness quiz
- 12.1.2 Types of fraud
- 12.1.3 Mass marketing fraud
- 12.1.4 Investment fraud
- 12.1.5 Payment scams
- 12.1.6 Credit card and debit card fraud
- 12.1.7 Video: Debit and credit card fraud
- 12.1.8 Other frauds
- 12.1.9 Why we fall for fraud
- 12.1.10 Case study: Affinity fraud
- 12.1.11 Detect fraud and scams
- 12.1.12 Signs of frauds and scams
- 12.1.13 How to spot fraud
- 12.1.14 Summary of key messages
- Fraud can target anyone.
- There are many different types of fraud. Educate yourself and your family about them.
- Be aware of the techniques that fraud artists use, such as peer pressure and a sense of urgency.
- Never send money or participate in a financial offer unless you are sure it is legitimate.
- Never give out your personal financial information unless you are sure the person or organization is legitimate. If in doubt, contact your financial institution, securities regulator or the Better Business Bureau.
At the end of the module, you will find an Action plan. This is a tool that you can use to track your progress in protecting yourself against financial fraud in the future. Use the action plan as a roadmap for financial action!
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: