12.1 How to recognize fraud
In this section:
- 12.1.1 Fraud awareness quiz
- 12.1.2 Types of fraud
- 12.1.3 Mass marketing fraud
- 12.1.4 Investment fraud
- 12.1.5 Payment scams
- 12.1.6 Credit card and debit card fraud
- 12.1.7 Video: Debit and credit card fraud
- 12.1.8 Other frauds
- 12.1.9 Why we fall for fraud
- 12.1.10 Case study: Affinity fraud
- 12.1.11 Detect fraud and scams
- 12.1.12 Signs of frauds and scams
- 12.1.13 How to spot fraud
- 12.1.14 Summary of key messages
The first step in protecting yourself against fraud is knowing what fraud is and how to recognize various types of fraud.
In this section, you will learn:
- what the most common frauds and scams are, and how they work
- how to spot the warning signs that an offer or a communication may be fraudulent.
You'll view examples of different types of fraud and practise your skills in spotting and resisting them. By the time you finish this section, you'll be aware of the risks and better able to protect yourself and your family from financial loss due to fraud.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: