On this page:
Who may enroll?
Any person wishing to securely conduct business with the Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) using the Electronic Pesticide Regulatory System (e-PRS) Secure Web Portal either on their own behalf or on behalf of someone else must enroll. This would include the following:
- Applicants to register a pest control product
- Representatives for applicants and registrants
- Third party information providers for applicants and registrants
Applicants and registrants, once enrolled, may delegate their representatives and third party information providers to transact, on their behalf, via the e-PRS Secure Web Portal.
Who must submit the enrolment request?
The enrolment request shall be submitted to the PMRA by an officer or employee of the Information Provider (IP) who is authorized to sign and transact on behalf of the IP. This individual is then deemed the "Primary Officer" (PO).
What are the steps that a Primary Officer must carry out in the enrolment process?
PO Step 1: Review the e-PRS enrolment package
PO Step 2: Retrieve and complete all forms and assemble the proof of the Information Provider's legal capacity to enter into the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (e.g., proving that the Information Provider is a natural or legal person)
- Retrieve and complete the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (one copy signed and submitted).
- Retrieve and complete the IPPF.
- Assemble copies of the Information Provider's proof of legal capacity to enter into the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement. See the Information to Assist in Completing the IPPF for further information on proving that the Information Provider is a natural or legal person.
PO Step 3: Email the completed enrolment request
- 1 signed copy of the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement.
- 1 completed IPPF.
- Proof of Information Provider's legal capacity to enter into the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement.
- Email to: PMRA-ARLA.REG.CON@hc-sc.gc.ca
Once the enrolment request has been verified and the Information Provider is approved for enrolment, the PMRA will set up a PO account using the contact information provided in the IPPF. An e-PRS Secure Web Portal Activation Key will be generated as part of the PO account set up.
The PMRA will respond to a successful enrolment request with an acceptance package containing the following:
- An email containing the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Activation Key and the PO's account information
- Log-in instructions
PO Step 4: Create an online account
Go to "e-PRS Secure Web Portal - Sign In". You will be directed to a chooser screen where you need to create an online account using one of the Government of Canada's electronic credential services.
PO Step 5: Activate the PO’s e-PRS Secure Web Portal account and set up delegations
Once an online account is created, you will be directed to the PMRA e-PRS Secure Web Portal. From there you will be prompted to enter an Activation Key. Use the instructions provided by the PMRA in your enrolment acceptance email to do so.
From there, the PO can perform a number of tasks, such as submit document packages to the PMRA and assign Delegate Officers and Transactional Users. Further information regarding using the e-PRS Secure Web Portal can be found in the Secure Web Portal User Guide.
What are the Primary Officers' responsibilities following enrolment?
Following enrolment, the PO is responsible for informing the PMRA of:
- Matters identified in the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (e.g., Section 11.1)
- Any changes to the information provided in the e-PRS Secure Web Portal Terms and Conditions of Use Agreement (e.g., business name)
- Any changes to the information provided in the IPPF
What enrolment assistance is available?
All e-PRS Secure Web Portal enquiries, including those regarding enrolment, will be routed via the Pest Management Information Service.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: