Registrants and Applicants
Notice of changes - effective July 10, 2023
On July 10, 2023, Health Canada's Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) will implement changes with regards to the forms below and update their web addresses accordingly:
- 6006 – Application for Research Permit
- 6008 – Notification of Pesticide Research
- 6012 – Application for Registration of Private Label Product Based on Registered Initial Product
- 6026 – Administrative Changes in Contact Information for Registered Pest Control Products
- 6110 - Proposal For a User Requested Minor Use Label Expansion
- 6117 - Pest Management Regulatory Agency Presubmission Consultation Request
- 6200 - Import Certificate for the Grower Requested Own Use (GROU) Program
While the current web addresses will automatically re-direct you to the new forms until December 2023, we ask that applicants and registrants update their bookmarks on July 10, 2023, or as soon as possible thereafter to ensure they can access the new forms directly.
PMRA will also release a new online version of the e-Index Builder with an improved user interface. We encourage users to transition to the new tool once it becomes available on July 10, 2023.
The Forms and e-Index Builder pages will be updated on July 10, 2023 with the information detailed above. If you have any further questions, please contact the PMRA Information Service.
Online Decision Tree Update
Please be advised that the Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) Online Decision Tree is currently being updated to reflect changes to various regulatory directives, including PMRA Guidance Document, Management of Submissions Policy, and Regulatory Directive DIR2016-02, Notification/Non-notification. Please visit our Policies and Guidelines webpage for updated guidance, directives, and policies.
In the meantime, the Online Decision Tree is available via email request. Included in the email response, will be two additional tables to complement the Online Decision Tree:
- The PMRA Submission Categories table: A comprehensive table of submission types listing the minimum set of documents required for each submission.
- The PMRA Similar Type Products table: A table of submission types that are to register "similar products", providing a quick comparison of their differences, their associated costs, timelines, as well as pros/cons.
Most requested information
Electronic Pesticide Submissions
Information technology is reshaping the way Canadians work and does business. The Electronic Pesticide Regulatory System, or e-PRS, offers a new approach to information management.
Forms are required to register a pest control product or modify an existing registration.
This service is designed to help registrants and applicants prepare their data package when applying to register a product or amend an existing registration.
Reporting for Registrants and Applicants
You will find the pesticide incident and sales information reports in this section. This reporting allows us to monitor pesticide use and impacts.
The Public Registry is a collection of non-confidential information on pesticides and the pesticide regulatory system.
This tool will allow you to search for a pesticide related product label.
- PMRA registration toolkit video
- Research Authorizations and Research Notifications - Allows for trials to be conducted to generate new data and/or confirmation of results drawn from other studies to support the registration of a new product or use.
- Cost Recovery - Guidance to applicants and registrants on fees payable for the review of applications.
- Templates for study reviews - Templates used to review scientific studies submitted to support applications.
- Registering a Pest Control Product under the Regulations for the Protection of Test Data - Information on applying to register or amend a product with reliance on a registrant's data.
- Registration of Pesticides for Emergency Use - Information on registering a product for the emergency control of a pest infestation,
- Data Requirement Tables - Tables of the data required to support an application.
- Standard Translations for Product Labels - Collection of terminology that PMRA has deemed acceptable for use on bilingual labels.
- Memoranda to Registrants, Applicants and their representatives - Memoranda released by the Pesticide Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) that are relevant to PMRA applications.
- PMRA List of Formulants - A revised list of formulants that are found in pest control products currently registered in Canada under the Pest Control Products Act and Regulations. To receive a copy of the list, click on the link. If an automatically composed email window appears (you will need a default email client for this to work), simply click 'Send'. If an email window does not appear, compose an email to email@example.com and include 'Request for PMRA List of Formulants' in the subject line. Once received by the PMRA, an email with the document, in both MS Excel and Adobe PDF will be sent back to your email address. Please note, all responses are provided during hours of operation, Monday to Friday only.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: