Registrants and Applicants
Notice of changes to payment process - effective January 1, 2020
On January 1, 2020, Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency will implement changes with regards to payments from applicants and registrants. Payments are to be submitted upon receiving a Health Canada invoice, which will be sent after applications have been received. Please review the new process for fee payments and payment options prior to submitting your application.
Health Canada’s Pest Management Regulatory Agency will implement changes with regards to payments from applicants and registrants. Payments are to be submitted upon receiving a Health Canada invoice, which will be sent after applications have been received. Please review the new process for fee payments and payment options prior to submitting your application.
Online Decision Tree Update
Please be advised that the Pest Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) Online Decision Tree is currently being updated to reflect changes to various regulatory directives, including DIR2017-01, Management of Submissions Policy and 2016-02, Notification/Non-notification. Please visit our regulatory directive web page for updated directives and policies.
In the meantime, the Online Decision Tree is available via email request. Included in the email response, will be two additional tables to complement the Online Decision Tree:
- The PMRA Submission Categories table: A comprehensive table of submission types listing the minimum set of documents required for each submission.
- The PMRA Similar Type Products table: A table of submission types that are to register "similar products", providing a quick comparison of their differences, their associated costs, timelines, as well as pros/cons.
Most requested information
Information technology is reshaping the way Canadians work and does business. The Electronic Pesticide Regulatory System, or e-PRS, offers a new approach to information management.
Forms are required to register a pest control product or modify an existing registration.
This service is designed to help registrants and applicants prepare their data package when applying to register a product or amend an existing registration.
You will find the pesticide incident and sales information reports in this section. This reporting allows us to monitor pesticide use and impacts.
The Public Registry is a collection of non-confidential information on pesticides and the pesticide regulatory system.
This tool will allow you to search for a pesticide related product label.
- Research Authorizations and Research Notifications - Allows for trials to be conducted to generate new data and/or confirmation of results drawn from other studies to support the registration of a new product or use.
- Cost Recovery - Guidance to applicants and registrants on fess payable for the review of applications.
- Templates for study reviews - Templates used to review scientific studies submitted to support applications.
- Registering a Pest Control Product under the Regulations for the Protection of Test Data - Information on applying to register or amend a product with reliance on a registrant's data.
- Registration of Pesticides for Emergency Use - Information on registering a product for the emergency control of a pest infestation,
- Data Requirement Tables - Tables of the data required to support an application.
- Standard Translations for Product Labels - Collection of terminology that PMRA has deemed acceptable for use on bilingual labels.
- Memoranda to Registrants, Applicants and their representatives - Memoranda released by the Pesticide Management Regulatory Agency (PMRA) that are relevant to PMRA applications.
- PMRA List of Formulants - A revised list of formulants that are found in pest control products currently registered in Canada under the Pest Control Products Act and Regulations. To receive a copy of the list, click on the link. If an automatically composed email window appears (you will need a default email client for this to work), simply click 'Send'. If an email window does not appear, compose an email to email@example.com and include 'Request for PMRA List of Formulants' in the subject line. Once received by the PMRA, an email with the document, in both MS Excel and Adobe PDF will be sent back to your email address. Please note, all responses are provided during hours of operation, Monday to Friday only.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: