Renewing or Discontinuing Pest Control Products
Table of Contents
1. Renewal/Discontinuation Notice and Deadline
A Renewal/Discontinuation Notice email with a list of fully registered pest control products that expire on December 31, 2017 was sent in July 2017 to each registrant and their official regulatory email address.
The deadline for submission of a renewal or discontinuation is September 29, 2017. Failure to renew or discontinue a product will result in its expiry. Please note that it is an offence under the Pest Control Products Act to manufacture, import, sell or use an expired product.
2. Preparing and Submitting the Renewal or Discontinuation Applications
- Verify the list of products contained in the Renewal/Discontinuation Notice email sent July 2017 and report any discrepancies immediately to the PMRA Renewal Team. The Notice Email will also contain the submission number of the last Approved Statement of Product Specifications Form (SPSF) for each product.
- For each product, complete and submit a Renewal/Discontinuation Form (Form 6000). Please note that the form has been updated to no longer accept credit card information. However, the form details how to provide your credit card information to the PMRA by phone.
There are three options for submitting renewal applications to the PMRA. In order to prevent the creation of duplicate submissions, please use only one of the following delivery methods:
Secure Web Portal
With an activated account, submit the electronic Renewal/Discontinuation form using the Secure Web Portal, 'Submit an Application' section, 'Renewal' option.
Mail or Courier
Submit the paper or electronic Renewal/Discontinuation Form to:
- Pest Management Regulatory Agency
2720 Riverside Drive
Ottawa, ON K1A 0K9
Please note that email is not a secure method of delivery. Submit the electronic Renewal/ Discontinuation Form to the PMRA's central email. The subject line of the email must include the keywords "[Product No.] Renewal 2017", or "[Product No.] Discontinuation".
3. PMRA Review of Renewal or Discontinuation Applications
If the PMRA determines that the product is eligible for renewal of registration, a Renewal Certificate will be issued with a validity period of five (5) years.
A 'Full Registration' with reduced expiry date extension, may also be given to certain products based on PMRA’s review.
If the Registrant has indicated in the Renewal/Discontinuation Form that the product is being discontinued, they will be informed in writing once the process is complete.
4. Other Points for Consideration
- If a Registrant has initiated but not completed a transfer of ownership of a product, the onus to renew or discontinue the registration remains with the Registrant who received the July 2017 Renewal/Discontinuation Notice email.
- Initial Product Registrants are responsible for submitting separate applications to renew the registration of the Initial Product and any associated Private Label products.
- No changes may be made to a product under a Renewal application.
- Ensure that your products' annual charges are paid before submitting your Renewal applications.
- Renewal applications are separate from the payment of annual charges or the submission of Sales Reports.
- Any changes to your company's contact information should be made prior to submitting your Renewal applications. Use Form 6026 to make these changes.
- As per recent changes to the Pest Control Product Fees and Regulations, the fee for Renewals has been reduced to $80.
- The PMRA has now added Online Banking as a payment option on the Renewal Form.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: