Medical device shortages: Report the end of a shortage
Manufacturers and importers must report the end of a medical device shortage for devices that are on the list of medical devices: notification of shortages. Submit your report 2 business days after meeting the demand for the medical device.
Review the requirements in Interim Order No. 2 Respecting Drugs, Medical Devices and Foods for a Special Dietary Purpose in Relation to COVID-19 (Interim Order No. 2). Interim Order No. 2 repeals and replaces the Interim Order Respecting Drugs, Medical Devices and Foods for a Special Dietary Purpose in relation to COVID-19 made by the Minister on March 30, 2020.
How to report
Include the following information when reporting the end of a medical device shortage:
- name of the device and of any component, accessory, or part of the affected device, including the model name if applicable
- device identifier
- includes the identifier of any medical device that is part of a system, test kit, medical device group, medical device family or device group family
- name and contact information for the manufacturer or the importer
- rationale for why the shortage has ended
- date of the end of the shortage
Complete these fields when submitting a report to notify us of the end of a shortage.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: