Related Guidance Documents and Forms
The Natural Health Products Directorate (NHPD) has changed its name to the Natural and Non-prescription Health Products Directorate (NNHPD) subsequent to its recently expanded mandate to include the oversight of non-prescription and disinfectant drugs in addition to natural health products (NHPs). Please note that we are currently modifying documents to reflect this change.
Thank you for your patience and understanding.
The following documents have been developed to provide you with an overall understanding of the Natural Health Products Online System, and to provide instructions on how to use the Natural Health Products Online Solution.
On this page:
- Guidance on how to use the online system
- Natural Health Product Licence Application Form
- Electronic Submission Builder (eSB)
- Licence Amendment and Notification Form
- Ingredients Database
- Natural Health Products Management of Applications Policy
Guidance on how to use the online system
- Primer on Portable Document Format Forms
Provides a summary of information for first-time and occasional users of electronic Portable Document Format (PDF) forms from Health Canada.
- Guidance Document on how to interact with the Natural Health Products Directorate electronically
Provides a summary of information for Trading Partners who will be users of the Natural Health Products Online System, provided by the Natural Health Products Directorate of Health Canada.
- Natural Health Products Online System Standard Terminology Guide
Provides guidance on the standards and terminologies used to facilitate the exchange and practical use of natural health product information in the Natural Heath Products Online Solution.
Natural Health Product Licence Application Form
NEW — Web-based Natural Health Product Licence Application Form
The web-based Natural Health Product Licence Application (web PLA) form is NNHPD’s latest version of the natural health product licence application form. It is designed to be accessed and completed online through an active internet connection and saved at any time to the user’s local workstation. This version allows in-form attestation to monographs and enables the population of monographs and other product-related information from the Natural Health Product Ingredient Database (NHPID). It also includes in-form help text for quick and easy access to guidance while completing the form.
An alternative PDF version of the Electronic Product Licence Application Form is available until November, 2019.
- Natural Health Products Online Solution Electronic Product Licence Application User Manual
Provides a full description of how to prepare and submit a Product Licence Application using the Electronic Product Licence Application (e-PLA), as well as offering a wealth of related reference material.
- Instructional Video on the e-PLA
Video Disclaimer: Note that the Instructional video was made using a previous release of the e-PLA. While most information is still applicable to the current forms, there will be some information that may differ slightly.
Electronic Submission Builder (eSB)
- Electronic Submission Builder user manual
Provides guidance on the use and functionality of the electronic Submission Builder which is used to assist applicants in the verification of the completion their electronic submission packages when applying for a Natural Health Product License.
- See related: Instructional Video on the eSB
Licence Amendment and Notification Form
- Natural Health Product Licence Amendment and Notification Form
- Natural Health Product Licence Amendment and Notification Form User Guide
Provides a full description of how to prepare and submit an Amendment and/or Notification using the Amendment and Notification Form (ANF).
- Natural Health Products Ingredients Database Web Application Guide
Helps users understand how to search and navigate the Natural Health Products Ingredients Database (NHPID) using the online Web application. The NHPID provides an overview of the database and use of the Web application, and guidance on search and navigation of the detailed ingredient content.
- See related: Instructional Video on the NHPID
- Natural Health Products Ingredients Database Issue Form Guide
Describes the use of the Ingredients Database Issue Form, which is designed to help database users clearly formulate proposed changes to the NHPID (Issues) that are complete and accurate.
Natural Health Products Management of Applications Policy
The Natural Health Products Management of Applications Policy has been updated.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: