Just for You - Immigrants
Immigrants are eligible for health care coverage under the Canada Health Act, although there are waiting periods of up to 90 days in some provinces.
Our Health Care page has basic information on Canada's health care system including federal responsibilities and links to provincial and territorial health ministries.
For a list of resources about your health and the surrounding environment, food safety and consumer product safety, consult the Consumer Information page.
- Public Health Agency of Canada -- Immunization
- Information for Travellers
Health Care System
- (2011) Canada's Health Care System
- Coping with Stress
- Our section on mental health.
Reports on New Immigrants
- The Metropolis Project is an international cooperative research project that studies the effects of immigration upon the immigrant and upon the society that the immigrant enters.
Women experience the Canadian health care system in unique ways because of their gender, race, socio-economic status and geographical location.
- "Abuse is wrong in any language": multilingual poster and booklet for immigrant women who are suffering from abuse in a relationship or in a family.
- Healthy Pregnancy
- Healthy Babies
- Sexual Health Promotion
- Women (Just For You)
Reports on Immigrant women
Family Violence and Immigrant Women
- Government of Canada -- Information for Non-Canadians
- Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC)
- Call Centres -- Information on Canadian immigration or citizenship is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
Our goal is to make this page as useful as possible and your comments can help.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: