Table of Daily Values
This document is a two-part table that sets out the reference values or recommended amounts of nutrients (the daily value) for specific age groups. These are the reference points upon which the % daily value in the nutrition facts table are based.
Part 1 of the table sets out the daily values for macronutrients and sodium for two age groups.
Part 2 of the table sets out the daily values for vitamin and mineral nutrients for three different age groups.
This document is incorporated by reference in the Food and Drug Regulations. This Table is the most current version and was published on October 20, 2022. A prepackaged product can continue to be labelled in accordance with the previous version of this document (dated December 14, 2016) until December 31, 2025.
Who this document is for
- food industry
- other interested stakeholders
In this document
- Part 1 – Daily values for macronutrients and sodium
- Part 2 – Daily values for vitamin and mineral nutrients
- Directory of Nutrition Facts Table Formats
- Summary of Health Canada's assessment of a health claim about vegetables and fruit and heart disease
- Food labelling changes
- Notice of proposal to update the nutrition labelling: Table of daily values
- Notice of modification to update the incorporated by reference document entitled nutrition labelling – Table of daily values [2022-10-20]
Related acts and regulations
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: