Student and graduate opportunities at Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada

Your career starts here. We’re proud to be one of the National Capital Region’s top employers and to be recognized as one of Canada’s Best Employers by Forbes. Build your career with us; you can make a difference.

What is it like to be a student at IRCC? Come work with us!

Transcript: What is it like to be a student at IRCC? Come work with us!

On this page

Work at IRCC as a student

Who can apply

If you’re enrolled in full-time studies at a recognized post-secondary institution, you’re eligible to work with us. Most student positions are located in the National Capital Region. Positions can also be available across the country.

How to apply

To work with us as a student, you can

Apply through the Federal Student Work Experience Program

You can work with us through the Federal Student Work Experience Program (FSWEP). When there are job opportunities, managers search the inventories to fill their positions.

If you fit the requirements for a student job opportunity at IRCC, we could contact you for further assessment.

Diversity matters – Count yourself in!

IRCC represents and includes the diverse identities, cultures, perspectives and experiences that make up Canada. When you apply, you can indicate (self-declare) if you identify as a woman, or are an Aboriginal person, a member of a visible minority, or a person with a disability.

Some jobs are only available to people in these groups. To be considered for these opportunities, we ask that you please self-declare.

Participate in a post-secondary co-operative (co-op) education and internship program

A co-op program is a great way to get hands-on experience in your field during your studies. Check with your school to see if there is a co-op program for your area of study. When there are co-op opportunities at IRCC, we’ll let your school’s co-op program coordinators know. If you’re enrolled in the co-op program, you can apply directly through your school.

Transition into a career at IRCC

After you’ve had some experience working at IRCC as a student, you could continue your career with us by

Get appointed through student bridging

Student bridging is a staffing option for managers to hire students for jobs in the federal public service. Through the bridging process, managers can appoint former students to temporary (term) or permanent (indeterminate) positions.

To be eligible to be bridged, you must have either

Build a Job Applicant Profile with us!

Find out more about student bridging in the public service.

Other graduate programs

Discover other programs for recent graduates, as well as specialized programs offering entry-level career opportunities with IRCC and the federal public service.

Page details

Date modified: