Link an application to your online account
You may want to link an application to your account to:
- get the most up-to-date case status information
- get online updates for an application you submitted on paper
- change your Sign-In Partner or switch to a GCKey
- take over an application from an authorized representative
- 1. Apply in person or by mail.
- 2. Create your online account.
- 3. Link your application to your account.
- 4. Get updates and messages about your application online.
How to link an application to your online account
To link an application:
- Follow the steps to sign into your online account or create a new one
- In your account, under “What would you like to do today?”, click on “Link application to this account”
- Enter the information exactly as you did you on your original application. If you made updates after you applied, enter the most recent information.
You can try to link an application 5 times. If it doesn’t work after 5 tries, you’ll be locked out for 24 hours.
After you link your application, you won’t receive paper letters about your application. We’ll send messages about your application to your account.
If you’re using a representative, they’ll lose access when you link the application to your account.
Top questions about linking your paper application with your online account
- Which paper applications can I link to my online account?
- When trying to link my application to my online account, it says there are no matches. What’s going on?
- What happens after I link my application to my online account?
- Why are there differences between the status I see in the Check application status tool (CAS) and in my account?
- I linked my application to an account, now I receive messages about my application in my account. Can I go back to receiving messages by mail?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: