Link an application to your online account
You may want to link an application to your account to:
- get the most up-to-date case status information
- get online updates for an application you submitted on paper
- change your Sign-In Partner or switch to a GCKey
- take over an application from an authorized representative
- 1. Apply in person or by mail.
- 2. Create your online account.
- 3. Link your application to your account.
- 4. Get updates and messages about your application online.
How to link an application to your online account
To link an application:
- Follow the steps to sign into your online account or create a new one
- In your account, under “View the applications you submitted”, click on “Add (link) your application to your account to check your status”.
- Enter the information exactly as you did you on your original application. If you made updates after you applied, enter the most recent information.
You can try to link an application 5 times. If it doesn’t work after 5 tries, you’ll be locked out for 24 hours.
After you link your application, you won’t receive paper letters about your application. We’ll send messages about your application to your account.
If you’re using a representative, they’ll lose access when you link the application to your account.
Online applications: After we receive your application, it may take up to 5 days for you to see it in your account. We are working to make this wait time shorter. If your application does not appear after 5 days, contact us and report a technical problem. This issue will not delay processing of your application.
Top questions about linking your application to an online account
- Which applications can I link to an online account?
- When trying to link my application to my online account, it says there are no matches. What’s going on?
- What happens after I link my application to my online account?
- Why are there differences between the status I see in the Check application status tool (CAS) and in my account?
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: