Application for Permanent Residence – Federal Self-Employed Persons and Quebec Selected Self-Employed Persons
Do you want to buy or manage a farm in Canada?As of March 10, 2018, we are no longer accepting new applications under the farm management stream of the Self-Employed Person Program.
This application package includes:
- Document Checklist [IMM 5784] (PDF, 384.24 KB)
- Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 652 KB)
- Additional Dependants/Declaration [IMM 0008DEP] (PDF, 424.19 KB)
- Schedule A – Background/Declaration [IMM 5669] (PDF, 776.39 KB)
- Schedule 5: Economic Classes—Declaration of Intent to Reside in Quebec [IMM 0008 Schedule 5] (PDF, 541.53 KB)
- Schedule 6A Business Immigrants – Self-employed persons [IMM 0008 SCHEDULE 6A] (PDF, 1.56 MB)
- Additional Family Information [IMM 5406] (PDF, 570 KB)
- Use of a Representative [IMM 5476] (PDF, 648.31 KB)
- Supplementary Information – Your travels [IMM 5562] (PDF, 1.76 MB)
- Instruction Guide [IMM 4500]
For Federal Self-Employed Class applications:
For Quebec Self-Employed Class applications:
If the CIO determines that your application is complete, it will be forwarded to the appropriate IRCC office for processing. If your application does not include all of the documents and forms set out in the checklist, we will return it to you. Do not provide documents which are not listed in the checklist.
Want to live in Quebec?
If you plan to settle in Quebec as a business immigrant, you must first apply to the Government of Québec for a Selection Certificate.
How to use this application package
Read the instruction guide to complete your application forms
- Use the new Generic Application Form for Canada [IMM 0008] (PDF, 553.83KB). It can be completed and saved on a computer. You will need Adobe Reader 10 or higher.
- Filling the form electronically is easier and reduces the risk of errors that can slow down the application process.
- Trouble downloading? Right-click on the link and select ‘Save Target As…’
Complete, validate, print, sign and date your application forms
To ensure you submit all the pages:
Click on the “Validate” button at the top or bottom of the form.
Note: Validating the form before printing ensures you have answered all the questions and will avoid delays in processing your application.
- A last page with barcodes and a signature line will automatically be created.
- Print, sign and date the form.
- Print on white, bond-quality and non-glossy paper
- Use of a laser printer is recommended
- Place the barcode page on the top of each individual package.
Use the Document Checklist (IMM 5784) (PDF, 384.24KB) to make sure you include all the other forms and documents you need.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: