What passport applications you can submit at a Service Canada Centre
There are over 300 Service Canada Centres that offer passport services across the country. They can
- accept standard passport applications submitted in person
- review your application to make sure it is complete
- collect and validate your supporting documents, including
- proof of citizenship
- identification document
- accept payment for your fees
- send your application to us for processing
However, some applications need to be submitted at a dedicated passport office.
Whether you submit your application at a Service Canada Centre or a passport office, IRCC employees make the final decisions on all passport applications.
Applications you can submit at a Service Canada Centre
You can only submit these types of applications:
- passport renewal applications
- adult passport applications
- child passport applications (if both parents are participating)
- child passport applications with only 1 parent when
- there’s only 1 parent listed on the child’s birth certificate or proof of parentage document or
- a death certificate is submitted for 1 of the parents listed on the child’s birth certificate or proof of parentage document
- adult passport applications with name changes due to a relationship status change
- You must include supporting documents.
- applications from Canadians living in the United States
Applications you need to submit at a passport office
You can submit all of the applications accepted at Service Canada Centres and
- urgent or express applications
- children’s applications when only 1 parent is participating
- applications from Canadians living outside Canada and the United States
- You must submit the application in person.
- applications asking for a name on the passport that isn’t the name shown on the
- proof of Canadian citizenship
- supporting identification (for adult applications)
- Date modified: