Educational credential assessment (ECA) for Express Entry: What it is

An Educational credential assessment (ECA) is used to verify that your foreign degree, diploma, or certificate (or other proof of your credential) is valid and equal to a Canadian one. There are different types of ECAs. You need to get an ECA for immigration purposes. If you got another type of ECA, you may be able to get it re-issued, depending on the type of ECA and/or issuing organization.

You must include your ECA report and the reference number in your Express Entry profile.

Your ECA report may help when you’re looking for a job. But, it doesn’t guarantee that:

If you plan to work in a regulated job, you must get your license in the province or territory that you plan to settle in.

Page details

Date modified: