Apply for permanent residence: Express Entry
If you’re having technical problems when submitting your application
Some applicants have been unable to submit their applications due to technical problems with the online form. This is affecting applicants with dependent children who
- are over the age of 18
- reside in Canada
We’ve contacted all affected applicants directly and are working urgently to fix the issue.
Extended deadline for affected applicants
For those affected, we’ve extended the deadline to submit a permanent residence application for an additional 60 days.
If you were invited to apply on
- September 26, 2023, you have until January 26, 2024, to submit your application
- September 27, 2023, you have until January 27, 2024, to submit your application
- September 28, 2023, you have until January 28, 2024, to submit your application
Before you apply for permanent residence
You can only apply for permanent residence through Express Entry if you’ve received an invitation to apply.
Once you have your invitation to apply
Your Express Entry invitation to apply is valid for 60 days only. You should start filling out the online form right away so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.
Follow these steps to fill out the online form:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click the link to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry.
When filling out the form:
- Make sure you submit all of the required documents.
- All of your answers must be complete and true.
- Make sure all the mandatory fields are completed, or you won’t be able to submit your application.
- You can save your information on the form and go back as often as you need to.
For your application: $1,365
Include your spouse: $1,365
Include a dependent child: $230
These fees increased on April 30, 2022. Find out more.
- Date modified: