Apply for permanent residence: Express Entry
Before you apply for permanent residence
You can only apply for permanent residence through Express Entry if you’ve received an invitation to apply.
Once you have your invitation to apply
There have been some changes to the way we process applications because of COVID-19. Find out how you’re affected.
Your Express Entry invitation to apply is valid for 90 days only. You should start filling out the online form right away so that you can get all the information and documents you need before your invitation expires.
Follow these steps to fill out the online form:
- Sign in to your account.
- Click the link to apply for permanent residence under Express Entry.
When filling out the form:
- Make sure you submit all of the required documents.
- All of your answers must be complete and true.
- Make sure all the mandatory fields are completed, or you won’t be able to submit your application.
- You can save your information on the form and go back as often as you need to.
For your application: $1,325
Include your spouse: $1,325
Include a dependent child: $225
Processing time ?
Due to COVID-19
- we can’t provide accurate processing times
- The 6-month processing time is how long it usually took us to process a complete application before COVID-19.
- Check your application status for more information.
You may need to give biometrics with your application. This processing time includes the time you need to give your biometrics.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: