Who Are We?
If you are a member of the Defence community - such as a Regular Force member or Reservist, veteran, military family member, or civilian employee - and you feel as though you have been treated unfairly, the Ombudsman's Office is here to help.
We are a source of information and referral, we can point you in the right direction and we can educate you about the large system that is National Defence.
We investigate and make recommendations on key issues.
These can include harassment, postings, redress of grievance, benefits, medical, recruiting and release.
The ombudsman is independent of the chain of command and civilian management.
This means that he can take issues directly to the Minister of National Defence.
All information that you bring to our office is treated confidentially.
Remember, if you need help or more information, you can reach us at 1-888-828-3626 or visit us at our website.
We are standing by to help.
We are ready to help.
- Call us toll-free at 1-888-828-3626
- Submit a question or complaint through our secure online form
- Live chat with an agent 8 am to 5 pm ET Monday to Friday
- Book a phone call with an agent
- Email an agent for information or assistance
- Email for general office inquiries
- Email media relations
Office of the Ombudsman
100 Metcalfe Street 12th Floor
- Date modified: