Contact our office
We can help
We deal with issues related to the Department of National Defence and the Canadian Armed Forces, and can help you:
- Find information or figuring out your options;
- Get a process back on track;
- Determine if you were treated fairly;
- Report a concern in your local base or wing.
What you need to know:
- We are an impartial office that is independent of the military chain of command and civilian management.
- We are a neutral third party who helps to ensure the fair treatment of our constituents.
- You can come to us without fear of reprisal.
- All information you share is confidential and will not be shared without your signed consent.
Have you tried:
- Accessing existing complaint mechanisms?
- Reviewing the educational information we prepared that deals with common questions and issues?
When you contact us, we will help you find the most appropriate way to get your concerns addressed. We may also be able to intervene if there are compelling circumstances that may cause you undue hardship.
Not sure if we can help? Contact us.
Who we help
We can help the following individuals when they have a concern directly related to the Department of National Defence or the Canadian Armed Forces:
- Current and former individuals in the following groups:
- Canadian Armed Forces members (Regular Force, Primary Reserve, Canadian Rangers, Cadet Organization Administration and Training Service, and Supplementary Reserve);
- Department of National Defence employees;
- Cadets and Junior Canadian Rangers;
- Staff of Non-Public Funds;
- A person applying to become a Canadian Armed Forces member;
- A member of the immediate family of any of the above-mentioned; and
- Individuals on serving, attached or seconded to the Canadian Armed Forces.
For more information, refer to our mandate.
Contact us. We will contact you within two business days. We may provide you with information and connect you with resources. The majority of our cases are resolved at this stage.
If you are unable to get information or a process has fallen off track, your file may be sent for further review. Most cases are resolved within 30 to 60 business days.
Note: The timelines are guidelines, and may vary depending on the complexity of your questions or concerns.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: