Liz Hoffman Memorial Commendation nominations
Submit a nomination
Complete our online nomination form for prompt submission.
Fill out the PDF version of the nomination form and send it to us via e-mail.
Print the PDF version of the nomination form and mail it to:
Liz Hoffman Memorial Commendation
Attn: Dominique-Emmanuelle Perreault
Office of the DND/CF Ombudsman
100 Metcalfe Street, 12th Floor
Ottawa, ON CANADA
The Ombudsman’s Office will acknowledge the receipt of all submissions.
Anyone can nominate members of the Canadian Armed Forces, civilian employees in the Department of National Defence, or other members of the Defence community who demonstrate one or all of the following principles:
- A willingness and ability to resolve problems informally and quickly, as well as to support alternative means of resolving disputes.
- The courage not to turn a blind eye to difficult situations, but to find ways to resolve them in a manner consistent with fairness, loyalty and integrity.
- The identification of issues of unfairness and a means of resolving them.
- A systemic approach to problem solving.
- The resourcefulness to propose or consider innovative solutions.
Members of the Ombudsman's Advisory Council, along with Liz Hoffman's daughter, review all submissions and recommend nominations to the Ombudsman. With this input, the Ombudsman selects a maximum of four recipients for the Liz Hoffman Memorial Commendation.
All nominators and nominees – whether successful or unsuccessful – are advised, via a letter from the Ombudsman, of the outcome of the process.
Successful individuals/groups receive:
- A glass sculpture created by a Canadian artist;
- A citation; and
- A trip to Ottawa to be recognized at a ceremony.*
In previous years, the Minister of National Defence, the Associate Minister of National Defence, the Chief of the Defence Staff, the Vice Chief of the Defence Staff and numerous parliamentarians, senior leaders and officials have attended the lunch and ceremony honouring award recipients.
*Note: For groups, up to two members will be invited to attend the luncheon and to receive the award and citation on behalf of the group.
For more information, please contact:
Know a person or group who should be recognized for their efforts to improve the Defence community? Nominate them for a Liz Hoffman Memorial Commendation award.
Nominations close April 30.
Report a problem or mistake on this page
- Date modified: